Protecting your personal information is important to Idealis Research. That is why we have developed a Respondent Personal Information Policy that covers collecting, using, disclosing, transferring, and storing your information. If you register in our database or sign up to participate in a particular market research study, we will take all reasonable measures to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
By joining our database or registering online to participate in a particular study, you agree that you have read and understood this Policy and consent that Idealis Research may process your personal data in the manner we describe.
All of our services are provided in accordance with the ICC/ESOMAR, ABEP and LGPD codes of conduct.
If you have any questions about the Policy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also email this address at any time to:
- Request a copy of the information Idealis Research keeps about you
- Request any inaccurate information to be corrected
- Have your information deleted from our records.
The information we store
We store the minimum amount of personal information necessary for us to be effective when inviting you to participate in market research studies.
When you register with Idealis Research, we store the following information in our database:
- Date and time of registration
- IP address used at the time of registration
- Type of web browser used when registering
- Email address
- Phone number
- Birthday Date
- Ethnic group (if you choose to provide this information)
- Level of English spoken (assessed by you)
- Marital status
- Number of children living with you
- Highest level of education you have completed
- Employment status
- Occupation (if you are working)
- Sector/industry in which you work (if you are working or looking for work)
- Annual personal pre-tax income (as declared by you)
- Annual pre-tax household income (as declared by you)
- Supermarket chain(s) where you shop regularly
- Mobile network you use (cell phone)
- Car make and model (if any)
- Any medical conditions/disabilities and if so, what they are (as stated by you)
- Dependents with medical conditions/disabilities, and if so, what they are (as described by you)
We keep this information for 5 years. At the end of 5 years, we will contact you to ask if you would like to continue to stay in our database. If we do not hear from you at this time, we will delete your information. You can, of course, write to email@example.com at any time to ask us to correct or delete your information.
When you sign up to participate in a specific study, we usually store additional personal information relevant to that study. This additional information is deleted when the study is completed, although we do keep details of which studies you have participated in and how much you received for each study.
The purpose for which we use your information
We process your personal data so that we can invite you to participate in relevant market research studies, manage the research process, and improve our services.
We will process your information for the following purposes:
- Contact you by email to invite you to participate in paid market research studies that we believe are relevant to you, based on the profile information you have provided
- Contact you by telephone to invite you to participate in paid market research studies that we believe may be relevant to you, in the same way as described above
- Contact you by text message, to invite you to participate in paid market research studies that we believe are relevant to you, in the same way as described above
- Contact you to ask for your help in finding other respondents. Any information you provide is treated confidentially and only with the consent of the individual(s) concerned
- Support you by email, phone, or text message when participating in specific market research studies for which you have been selected
- Pay you incentives for participating in market research. Depending on the payment method, this may require us to send personal information to our bank, Amazon, PayPal, Smart Currency Exchange, TransferWise (for foreign currency payments) or other payment method. When this happens, we will provide you with the minimum information necessary for the relevant company to process your payment
- Assess the feasibility of specific market research studies about which we have been inquired
- Allow a moderator/interviewer to contact you to conduct an interview in which you have agreed to participate. This will be done only with your specific consent as part of your agreement to participate
- Evaluate the use and performance of our website, email campaigns and respondent panel for statistical purposes. We only use data in an anonymous way when we use it for this purpose
We will not use your personal information for any other purpose and we will never sell or give your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
The legal basis for the processing of your information
We process your personal data with your explicit consent or as part of our legitimate interests as a company. You have the right to change the way we may process your information at any time. You also have the right to find out what information we keep about you, request corrections or request that your data be deleted. Kindly write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
Where your information is stored
We store your information, where possible, on secure servers in Brazil. As Idealis Research is based in Brazil, any information that you provide will be transferred to Brazil.
You may find out what information we hold about you, request that we correct it, request that we do not use any of the information we have gathered or have us delete the information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please send your request to email@example.com.
Working with other market research companies
Idealis Research works with a small number of carefully selected other market research companies when doing so helps us to do our work more effectively. These companies are carefully evaluated by Idealis Research before we work with them. If any third party processes your data on our behalf, we always ensure that they handle your data with the same levels of security and care as we do.
Revisions to this Policy
We may revise this Policy from time to time to improve the way we work, deal with new situations and ensure that we continue to comply with legislation, regulations and best practice in the market research industry.